- We take you north of downtown Ketchikan to the Knudson Cove marina featuring a much quieter, more local vibe and typically much nicer weather. You'll paddle with us on the protected ocean waterways of Clover Pass,circumnavigating 2 to 3 small islands featuring an immense array of inter-tidal life, a bald eagles nest, resident seals and sea lions and the potential to encounter many types of migratory birds, Sitka deer, Pacific porpoises, humpback whales and Orcas as well. With a maximum of 6 guests to a guide our kayak tours are very intimate and educational. Taking such small groups allows us the benefit of spending more time on the water than other tours and no need to make you feel rushed through any part of your experience. What really sets us apart though is our guides. Our crew features local guides with experience as commercial Alaskan salmon fishermen, commercial winter dive fisheries in Southeast Alaska, experience guiding dog sled tours and work with children here in the public school system here in Ketchikan. The experience and personalities of these guys brings so much more depth to your experience with us than you'll find on tours led by summer seasonals. Smoked salmon, picnic tables, and a great view are awaiting you when we return to our scenic marina and a convenience store with craft beers is on site.
- Rate - $129, $119.00 per person when booking groups of 6 or more. Be sure to contact us to inquire about larger private bookings.
- Available Times - Every day, varying based on cruise ship schedules.
- Duration - 4 Hours. Transportation and all equipment provided. Four hours total ‘dock to dock’ time, with about 2.25 hours on the water (Flexible).
- Please dress for the temperatures on the day of your trip. The best advice for gearing up for any excursion along your cruise is to bring layers. We provide waterproof pants and jackets. We recommend you wear clothing that would be appropriate for outdoor hiking, and shoes that will fit comfortably inside the space of a kayak. Dry bags are also provided for cameras and incidental items. A convenience store is located next to our shop at the marina for any last minute needs.
- You must sign a liability release waiver before taking a tour or renting a kayak.
- Our tours meet at our downtown office directly across the street from cruise ship berth 3. We are happy to offer our guests a centally located meeting point featuring complimentary wifi and locally roasted coffee or hot tea for the early birds. Our Bright window signage makes us easy to find from the boardwalk and detailed directions, photos and a map are featured in your booking confirmation.
- Full payment is due at time of online booking. Cancellations due to weather are rare, but are at the sole discretion of Ketchikan Kayak Co. If you miss your tour due to ship schedule changes (e.g. if your ship is late) or we cancel due to weather, you will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made prior to 60 days of tour date receive a full refund. Cancellations made prior to 30 days of tour receive 50% refund. Cancellations within 30 days of tour date are not eligable for a refund. This is our official policy, but we know things happen in life, so please call us with any changes and we’ll do all we can for you. We’re here to work with you on any changes!