E-Bike & Hike
- Ketchikan Kayak Co. is excited to offer the first and only e-bike tour in SE Alaska. Join us for an easy and enjoyable electric-assist bicycle ride on the road to nowhere, the end of our islands' paved road system. This road dead ends at the edge of extensive wilderness, where you will then take a guided hike on an enjoyable trail though dense rainforest, along a stream featuring a beautiful waterfall and a late season salmon run. This hike features a wide array of flora and fauna and beautiful beach views from which we often watch seals swimming, salmon jumping and sometimes even get to watch humpback whales feeding near the shoreline or Orcas come by. The bike ride is just under 10 miles roundtrip and the hike is about 1.25 miles but with a maximum of 6 guests we can be very flexible. All of our tours are intimate and very educational. Often times throughout the summer we are the only tour out at the end of the road. What really sets us apart though is our guides. Our crew features local guides with experience as commercial Alaskan salmon fishermen, commercial winter dive fisheries in Southeast Alaska, experience guiding dog sled tours and work with children here in the public school system here in Ketchikan. The experience and personalities of these guys brings so much more depth to your experience with us than you'll find on tours led by summer seasonals. Smoked salmon, picnic tables, and a great view are awaiting you when we return to our scenic marina and a convenience store with craft beers is on site.
- Rate - $129, $119.00 per person when booking groups of 6 or more. Be sure to contact us to inquire about larger private bookings.
- Available Times - Every day, varying based on cruise ship schedules
- Duration - 4 Hours
• No experience necessary.
• Helmets, gloves, rain pants and rain jackets are provided. We recommend that you wear clothing that would be appropriate for an outdoor hike through the forest with the weather on your given day. The best advice for gearing up for any excursion along your cruise is to bring layers.
- Our tours meet at our downtown office directly across the street from cruise ship berth 3. We are happy to offer our guests a centally located meeting point featuring complimentary wifi and locally roasted coffee or hot tea for the early birds. Our Bright window signage makes us easy to find from the boardwalk and detailed directions, photos and a map are featured in your booking confirmation.
Full payment is due at time of online booking. Cancellations due to weather are rare, but are at the sole discretion of Ketchikan Kayak Co. Often times the weather at our marina out north is much nicer than it is downtown. If you miss your tour due to ship schedule changes (e.g. if your ship is late) or we cancel due to weather, you will receive a full refund. Cancellations made prior to 60 days of tour date receive a full refund. Cancellations made prior to 30 days of tour receive 50% refund. Cancellations within 30 days of tour date are not eligable for a refund. This is our official policy, but we know things happen in life, so please call us with any changes and we’ll do all we can for you. We’re here to work with you on any changes!